We build a lot of different kinds of stuff for a lot of different kinds of folks at an office that is big enough to bite off important, meaningful work and small enough to have fun doing it and we’re looking for an engineer who is equally at ease talking to clients, designers, producers, and developers about things like scope, resource allocation, solutions to engineering problems, creative ideas for how to build things, ways to articulate technical complexity to normal business humans...and occasionally...cut some code.
Here’s What We Think You Probably Need to Be Successful At This Job:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in software development
- Experience with distributed systems and RESTful services
- Ability to think and learn quickly and outstanding analytical skills
- Have agency experience, leading a development team spread across multiple projects and clients.
- Hands on developer and leader
- Are comfortable reviewing project specifications, collaborating with company leadership to develop project estimates and technical specs
- Experienced in code reviews to adhere to best practices and internal standards, providing feedback and following up on remediation
- Experience in client and server-side debugging, performance profiling and optimization techniques with an uncanny intuition for finding the cause and solution
- Planning out projects in coordination with Project Manager/Producer and Developer team members, participating in project check-ins providing feedback to the team
- Jumping in to assist developers who are in need of aid in implementation and/or troubleshooting of backend or frontend development goals
- Aiding and/or leading bug triage in coordination with Project Manager throughout project and during QA
- Comfortable working with small projects (1 dev) and medium projects (2-3 devs)
- Experienced in concepting high-level architectures and codifying them in visual and written documentation
- Attention to detail and a seamless user experience. This means making the product look like the design and working with your team to make it smooth and perfect.
- You know your way around configuring a local development environment with help from the Interwebz, of course.
- We constantly improve only because we don't bullshit each other or our clients. We don't hide; we don't say what we think others want to hear. We do our work with respect, and we value truth, transparency, and honesty above all else.
If you are interested, please apply with a resume and introduction.
Please feel free to skip the formality of a cover letter and write to me as a human being. Be yourself. The truth is the easiest thing to remember and I don’t have time to weed through cover-letter-speak to find out who you really are and what you want in life. Just tell me.